...don't even ignore 'em.
-- Samuel Goldwyn

Friday, December 10, 2004

My letter to my Senators and Representative.

I've decided I can't wait for others to speak out. I want to share the email I just sent to Senators Maria Cantwell and Patty Murray, and Representative Jennifer Dunn.

We have an emergency in Iraq. If we must be there, and we no longer have a choice, then the least we can do is give our military a chance to compete.

The flap over the armor shortage on US military vehicles, and the deterioration of other equipment, is infuriating. After all Mr. Bush's and his lieutenants' bellicose talk, they should at least be able to run a war.

This isn't a partisan issue. It's now clearly a question of competence. I urge you to place all the administration's competence problems at the top of your action list.

The Bush administration wants to push the world around -- if it's not going to allow the State Department to work the problem, it should at least stop destroying our military.

Rumsfeld and his cabal must go, now. I encourage you to fight hard against the boneheadedness that threatens our security, our rights, and our economic future.

-----------
Our government webmasters have made it easy to write to your representatives. All you have to know is your zip code:

No comments: