...don't even ignore 'em.
-- Samuel Goldwyn

Monday, March 07, 2005

Reality check.

I'm reviewing my blog. What's it for? What do I want from it? Does anybody care about it? Do I? Let's take these one at a time.

1. What's it for? Since one of my major peeves is the dominance of marketing hype in everyday life, I wanted to deflate some of it. There's so much I don't know where to start.

2. What do I want? I could regale my wife with my anti-hype comments. She knows how to lovingly ignore me. But for my ego that's not enough. I want an audience.

3. Does anybody care? Yes, a few of my friends have said they care. I just added a hit counter, so I have no statistics yet. It's probably too soon to know. I should probably be satisfied with the feedback I've gotten so far, but I come from the radio and ad business, so I'm not.

4. Do I care? Well, here I am, working through my self-doubt in public--I guess I care that much. I've felt good after many of my posts to date. Is it enough to use this method as a way of talking to myself? Could I get the same benefit writing in a paper journal nobody could see? Will I ever grow up? If I ever do, I'll announce it here first.

Does this blog make me look fat?

1 comment:

geoff said...

Hey, your blog is very informative and clever. Don't stop. I think it is a cool way to glimpse at some peoples lives, that is what the NEXT BLOG button is for. And some people are really pathetic. (Do I get my pay now?)