...don't even ignore 'em.
-- Samuel Goldwyn

Friday, May 05, 2006

DISREGARD PREVIOUS POST.

O.K., not my best work ever. I said I'd look at the morning papers today and compare their news story stacking (prioritization) to KING-TV's. I did it. It doesn't make whatever point I had in mind last night. The Seattle Times Web "front page," bears little resemblance to a TV noon newscast. My lame point: TV's about entertainment and self-promotion. Newspapers are about news. But, today's Times leads with the Washington governor's followup on their expose. So much for that point.

O.K., go look at the Seattle P.I.'s Web site. O.K., forget it. Newspaper Web sites are different from their paper editions. Thud.

Somewhere in here is a new point about news versus journalism in the post-TV, post-newspaper era. You figure it out.

No comments: