...don't even ignore 'em.
-- Samuel Goldwyn

Sunday, September 23, 2007

POLITICAL SANITY II -- DIRECT OBSERVATION.

I watched Hillary Clinton on CBS's Face the Nation this morning--live, unedited, the whole twelve-minute interview. I found her clear, cogent, and convincing in her answers and positions. Much as I found George Bush when I watched his latest news conference, the other day. I wasn't predisposed to like her. She's not my candidate. Nobody is, yet. I'm trying to stay away from pundits and true believers alike from now until November 2008. I think it's the path to the making of an informed and intelligent decision in the next presidential election, and to sanity. Today, Bob Schieffer, the best CBS has, helped me immeasurably, by displaying no need to be a bigger star than his guest, yet asking the key, tough questions a good reporter should ask. Our confused country needs to promote calm and sanity in the process of changing our government in the next year. I'm trying to do my part.

No comments: