...don't even ignore 'em.
-- Samuel Goldwyn

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Gosh, Jane Fonda,

you've finally written your big tell-all book. I don't know if I'll buy it. Maybe I'll put a hold on it at the library. Maybe I'll even go pick it up when it comes in. I don't feel like I need to read it. Since we're the same age, I've pretty much witnessed your life. It has been interesting, in that way such Hollywood lives are. You did break new ground as the ultimate celebrity protester. There are still guys around who want to spit in your eye. I've seen a few of your interviews in the last week. Here's what stays with me: all those years I saw you as a person of supreme confidence, with a silver-spoon-Hollywood-kid-makes-good-on-her-own-terms career, and convictions, even. Now you want us to believe that inside you were, like, all angst all the time--sort of a female Woody Allen? I don't know, Jane.

No comments: