...don't even ignore 'em.
-- Samuel Goldwyn

Thursday, November 16, 2006

LIGHTEN UP, DAVE.


I think I've been taking my mission too seriously. I'm gonna have more fun. Why am I writing this? Because I looked at one of the Google searches you people use to look up information on the Cymbalta TV campaign and its insidious music. Here it is.

When I read what the bloggers are saying about Cymbalta's music, and other commercials, like the Abe Lincoln and beaver spot for Rozerem, I feel a lot better about how gullible people who use the Web are not. Like this one, for example.

I'm getting mostly hits from people looking up these and other pharma commercials. Dr. Jarvik's Lipitor campaign is probably the number two search I see on my hit counter. Keep looking. Keep talking about it. When everybody realizes drug ads don't make drugs work better, maybe they won't sell drugs either.

No comments: